About the essay writing contest
Essay contest aims to give final year high-school students a chance to express their knowledge and love of writing on the specific topic regarding the Independence Day of Bosnia and Herzegovina. Essay contest aims to promote awareness among the youth regarding the Independence Day of BiH and the future of the youth. High-school students will be given an opportunity to present their views and to gain recognition as well as win prizes for their creative approach and writing ability.
The Essay Theme and Scope
Participants are asked to write a 1500 - 2000 words essay on the following topic:
What is the Future of Youth in Multicultural, Sovereign and Independent State of Bosnia and Herzegovina?
The essay should provide clear recommendations regarding changes/reforms that would make Bosnia and Herzegovina a state with promising future for the youth.
Style: Times New Roman
Format: typed, double spaced
Length: 1500 - 2000 words
Plagiarism: not allowed
Submission form: e-mail attachment
- Linguistic expression, creativity, innovation and originality
- Link to priorities: independence, state-building and reforms as inevitable for the creation of more prosperous future for the youth in Bosnia and Herzegovina.
- Specific, actionable recommendations
Winners will receive cash awards:
- The author of the best essay will receive 300 BAM
- The second place winner will be awarded 200 BAM
- The third place winner will be awarded 100 BAM
The best ranked twenty authors/students will be shortlisted for full scholarship award in Social and Political Sciences program (SPS), at the International University of Sarajevo. The scholarship award will be based on centralized scholarship exam that will be organized and administered at the International University of Sarajevo.
The entry is restricted only to the 4th year high school students in Bosnia and Herzegovina between the ages of 17 and 20.
The competition will be accepting essays from December 30, 2019, to February 24, 2020. The winners will be announced on March 3, 2020.
The members of the jury
- Assoc. Prof. Dr. Muhidin Mulalić
- Assist. Prof. Dr. Ervin Kovačević
- Assoc. Prof. Dr. Almasa Mulalić
- Mr. Hamza Preljević
Submission deadline: February 24, 2020
Essay submission to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact: + 387 (0)33 957 236
The winners’ announcement: March 3, 2020.