Visiting Researcher Programme at the Balkan Studies Center
BSC encourages academic researchers including visiting scholars, post-doctoral researchers and doctoral candidates to apply for Visiting Researcher Programme. BSC accepts applications throughout the year and review applications on a rolling basis as received. However, BSC prefers visiting researchers to apply during the Fall (October to January) and the Spring (February to July) semesters. We support all applicants with external grants to conduct their research in social sciences and humanities. In some cases, BSC provides funding for lecture/panel/conference travel, accommodation, access to office space, the library, and other resources.
The complete application should be submitted to BSC and upon the review the prospective researcher will be notified at least two weeks after the reception of the request. All applicants must submit cover letter (why you want to participate in BSC visiting researcher programme), CV, and the research proposal (outline of the proposed research project). Please send applications and inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The proposed application should meet the following criteria:
- The applicant must have a doctoral degree or should have completed most of his/her coursework;
- The applicant must have a good working knowledge of English;
- The applicant is in the field of social sciences and humanities;
- Applicant’s research proposal and/or the letter of intention;
- Preference is given to applicants who research the Balkans related topics;
- Ability to conduct his/her own independent research; and
- A possibility of presenting their research at BSC during his/her stay.
The visiting researchers are asked to:
- acknowledge IUS/BSC in their publications that they publish as a result of their research at BSC;
- manage their own housing and accommodation during their stay at BSC; and
- deliver visiting lectures, participate in panels and workshops that are organized by BSC (such duties will not exceed 10% of their allocated time at BSC)
For any additional information on the visiting research programme contact the administrators at email@example.com